To earn a verified certificate for an online course, you need to complete the following steps
- Pay the course fee to upgrade to the Verified Track before the payment deadline of that semester, usually 4 weeks after the start date of the course.
- Verify your ID for the course. edX requires you to verify your identity using a webcam and a government-issued ID, so employers and schools know that you, and only you, completed the course work.
- ID verification lasts for one year on edX, so you may have completed this step as part of another course. Please be sure to check your ID verification status on your edX dashboard during every course to ensure that your verification is current.
- For more information, please review the following edX FAQ section: About Identity Verification
- Earn a passing score in the course. Please review the homework and grading policies for each course to determine what score is required to pass.